Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment approved for addressing various vascular conditions, primarily spider and small varicose veins. This treatment involves injecting a specialized solution, a sclerosant, into the distressed blood vessels, causing them to slump and finally fade.
Advanced Vein Therapy is the best Boise spider vein treatment facility. The healthcare providers have skills in the medical profession for 35 years. While sclerotherapy is generally safe and effective, understanding what to expect post-sclerotherapy is crucial for a successful recovery and optimal results.
Immediate Post-Sclerotherapy Period
- Compression Stockings: After the sclerotherapy procedure, your healthcare provider will typically advise you to wear compression stockings. These stockings help improve blood circulation and decrease complication risks. You may need to wear it for several days or a few weeks, depending on the severity of your condition.
- Mild Discomfort: Some patients experience mild discomfort or tightness in the treated area immediately after the procedure. It is a temporary discomfort you can manage with OTC pain relievers.
- Bruising and Swelling: Bruising and swelling at the injection sites are expected. These usually are mild and temporary.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Avoid going out in the sun immediately after your sclerotherapy session. The treated areas are more susceptible to pigmentation changes and sunburn.
- Activity Level: Most individuals can resume their daily activities immediately after sclerotherapy. Avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and prolonged standing for a few days to a week to curtail complications.
- Monitoring: Closely monitor the treated areas for any signs of infection. If you notice excessive redness, pain, or discharge, seek instant medical help.
- Follow-up Appointments: Follow-up appointments allow the doctor to assess your treatment progress. During these visits, they may perform additional treatments or offer guidance on maintaining your results.
- Gradual Improvement: It takes time for the treated veins to collapse and get absorbed by your body. Gradual improvement in the appearance of your veins is noticed after several weeks to months.
- Multiple Sessions: You may need multiple sclerotherapy sessions to achieve the desired results. The doctor creates a treatment plan based on your vascular condition severity and specific needs.
- Lifestyle Modifications: Adopting a healthy lifestyle is essential to maintain sclerotherapy results. This includes –
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Staying active
- Avoiding prolonged periods of sitting or standing
4. Potential Side Effects: While complications are rare, some people experience side effects such as –
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin)
- Telangiectatic matting (the formation of tiny blood vessels)
- A recurrence of veins
These issues can often be managed with extra treatments or intervention.
Sclerotherapy procedure is safe and effective for spider and small varicose veins, offering excellent cosmetic results and improved vascular health. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional in Boise for personalized treatment options tailored to your needs.